AddThis!

Greetings

Greetings from Boston, Massachusetts Postcard
Hi, Primmies... I stitch reproduction antique samplers and dolls. I also have lots of great artists and their sites featured as well as tutorials and some recipes for you to enjoy. Eventually we will have our own items for sale. Until then I hope you will enjoy the content, please leave a comment on any post you wish to.

Thank you,
Susan


Please Visit My Followers

Please Visit My Followers

I'm So Happy About My New Friends!

PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON LINKY

Pages

February 17, 2012

MOMMA EAGLE IS IN THE NEST RIGHT NOW

This is it Primmies. Mom Eagle is in the nest right now as I write this. She must have layed or is getting ready to lay her eggs. She
usually lays three eggs, several days apart for each one. She's sleeping right now, she lowers her head into the nest but she's always on the alert! Owls have swooped into the nest several times to steal the eggs and to try to get the baby eaglets. Dad will take a shift for Mom, he'll bring her food so that she can stay with the nest now until the eaglets fledge. It's a long vigil that Dad shares right along with Mom, the babies are never left alone until next year when they are big and ready to fledge. It's a long, cold winter and spring for the Eagle family. Let's pray that they will be safe and raise another family of healthy eaglets.

Hugs,

Susan

3 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I just popped in to take a peak ~ she is sleeping right now. My granddaughter is spending the night ~ I'll have to show her in the morning. Her and I watched the eagles last year.
Prim Blessings
Robin

PrimHearted said...

Thanks for sharing! What a beautiful bird she is!
Nadine

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I see an egg in the nest! How amazing! ♥

I Look Forward To Your Comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Animal Rescue Site

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Katherine's Blog Hop

Our New Blog

Please be patient, we are still working on design and content of our new blog!

Online Visitors Counter

Page Hits Counter