AddThis!

Greetings

Greetings from Boston, Massachusetts Postcard
Hi, Primmies... I stitch reproduction antique samplers and dolls. I also have lots of great artists and their sites featured as well as tutorials and some recipes for you to enjoy. Eventually we will have our own items for sale. Until then I hope you will enjoy the content, please leave a comment on any post you wish to.

Thank you,
Susan


Please Visit My Followers

Please Visit My Followers

I'm So Happy About My New Friends!

PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON LINKY

Pages

December 16, 2011

GUESS WHO CAME TO THE DOOR TODAY?

Hi, Primmies,
The bell rang about 3:30 today. I think, nuts I'm in my pj's and fuzzy robe. I'm talking to Mr. Glen Oaks' son's mom, the call waiting is going off. So it's the mail man. (Embarrassing)
I take the little brown box, I see the return addy label and I
yell, "It's Virginia!!". Liz says (after her eardrum stops trobbing) "who's Virginia, a neighbor?" I say, "No, I gotta go and open this box!".
Well let me tell you girls, she's an adorable little dolly. She's perfectly prim from her head to toes. She's hugging her own

little gingerbread that's painted and cinnamonny (not a word I know I just made it one) and her apron says ' Gingerbreadblessings' .  Her hair is a jumble of red wool braids with with ties that match her black red and cream tiny square homespun. Her tea stained muslin apron has
straps with buttons and a pocket with a heart from the dress homespun. She's wearing black pantaloons (sorry, Virginia I had to lift your skirt up, no one saw).
I had found a camera in the bottom of a box of fabric in the rubble of the craft room and I thought "Hoooray" and promptly went about photographing Virginia and my other past giveaway wins. I started to take photos of the antiques from Prudence House and some auction stuff I picked up and the battery croaked. Ok, now this camera is about as old as I am and I can't possibly find the ac cord or usb to charge this thing. I don't even remember this camera. I give it to Mr. Glen Oaks when he gets in from yard work and ask him to see if he's got a cord that will work from his 5,000 usb cables that he keeps. He finds one and guess what? No photos, there's NO MEMORY CARD. Figures. Don't worry gals, I'll get a camera even if it's after Christmas. 
(I don't dare expect one now) 
If you can please visit Traci at York Mountain Primitives.
She's trying to get our help with a fellow blogger that needs
it. She's having a Silent Auction for this little penny rug
Carol from Firecracker Kids has donated to the Silent Auction. Here's what her and hubby are donating:

Have a wonderful nite, primmies.
Susan
Vintage graphics from The Graphics Fairy blog

6 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh drats! Well at least you tried... lol. ~Carol

Unknown said...

Sounds like you and I have the same luck with cameras!
LoL!
Hugs,
Tam

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Miss Susan,

Yippee, you are taking pictures again. (o:

Your treasures are so wonderful. Christmas came early, and who cares what the mailman thinks. Like you're the very first person he has seen in a bathrobe? I don't think so. Giggle.

Heaps of Hugs
Prudence (the bear, giggle)

Barb said...

Hi Susan,
It is the tecnology that is going to do me in. I am with you on the camera thing. If I have to learn something new my brain will explode for sure...and "leave a stain" as my son says.
Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Barb

Pam B said...

Susan, I'm still giggling at your still being in your robe in the middle of the afternoon. Thank goodness I'm not the only person who does that! We had to ask one of our new neighbors to please give us a call before he drops by because he kept catching us in our pj's at noon! LOL

Hugs,
Pam

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The little dolly sounds precious! I hug my dolls, too...and bears...and elves! heehee! Enjoy your day, my friend! ♥

I Look Forward To Your Comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Animal Rescue Site

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Katherine's Blog Hop

Our New Blog

Please be patient, we are still working on design and content of our new blog!

Online Visitors Counter

Page Hits Counter