AddThis!

Greetings

Greetings from Boston, Massachusetts Postcard
Hi, Primmies... I stitch reproduction antique samplers and dolls. I also have lots of great artists and their sites featured as well as tutorials and some recipes for you to enjoy. Eventually we will have our own items for sale. Until then I hope you will enjoy the content, please leave a comment on any post you wish to.

Thank you,
Susan


Please Visit My Followers

Please Visit My Followers

I'm So Happy About My New Friends!

PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON LINKY

Pages

October 6, 2011

Cool Idea: Vintage Image Transfer and Wool Applique Harvest Photo Pillow

This project has a cute idea, a vintage image transfer layered with wool felt applique shapes. The image is peeking out of a window in the pumpkin. The designer uses a product called iDye, I've never heard of it so I went to a website where it's sold and they have a place to click to see the instructions on how to use. One packet dyes 2-3 pounds of fabric. Whoa... I would make the pillow more tea dyed and stained. If you have old flour sacks or feed sacks they would be perfect for this pillow project. Click HERE to read Melony Bradley's post with directions for making the Harvest Time Pumpkin Photo Pillow.. Click the link HERE to see the colors of iDye and the detailed instructions on how to use. I understand that the dye packet is tossed in the washing machine and it dissolves in the water, no mixing, no stained hands or anything else. Here's a site I use for vintage images for all holidays. It's a fantastic site and it's free. You can find lots of vintage holiday images for this pillow project or any of your other projects. I have a link on my sidebar. You can also click HERE Vintage Holiday Crafts. Don't forget to send me pictures whenever you make a project that I've posted here or pictures of anything you are working on for your shops, craft fairs, shows and your selling blog.  I'd love to start a gallery of my blog followers' work. Warm Regards, Susan

No comments:

I Look Forward To Your Comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Animal Rescue Site

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Katherine's Blog Hop

Our New Blog

Please be patient, we are still working on design and content of our new blog!

Online Visitors Counter

Page Hits Counter